30 December 2011

Jaguar donor disassembly

I managed to get a bit of spare time over the Christmas break, so the rear suspension assembly and differential are now removed.

IMG_1222.jpg

The diff ratio is the one I needed so that's great - I won't have to worry about getting another centre.

Also pulled the dashboard and instruments out of the Jaguar.

The original Jag engine was picked up by its new owner - it's going in to a 1969 E-type! Cool! 8) He drove all the way from Brisbane to pick it up! :shock: I thought I was the only nutter who drive thousands of kilometres for car stuff!

IMG_1223.jpg

Some other exiting news on a personal level: I am starting a new job in the new year! I will be working at the Lithgow Small Arms Facility as a Technical Officer in Weapons Systems Research and Development. Basically I will be working in a small team of engineers testing and researching the Australian Defence Force's small arms weapons using heaps of high-tech gear like high speed video, thermal imaging, ballistic trajectory tracking and stuff. Testing guns and sometimes blowing them up! Makes Mythbusters look like a bunch of pussy cats! :lol: I am over the moon. I originally applied for a Technician job, but after reading my resume they wanted to interview me along with a handful of other hopefuls for a more senior position that hadn't been advertised yet! :shock: I still can't quite believe it! It's much better pay than I am currently on in the Police Force and it's only 20 minutes from home! (I currently drive over 90 km to get to work) They are just getting all the paperwork together and going through all the security checks and stuff, I should be starting with them at the end of January.

Bring on 2012! It's going to be a great year! :mrgreen:

Happy New Year everyone,
Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Navigate direct to other pages in my Blog