04 April 2011

Further Progress and mock build

Further Progress: Mock Build



There has been a little progress on the Wolseley. I have sold my '49 and '59 Morisses, so I have a little cash left over for this project after paying the bills.



I started mock building the car to see what's missing, about 2/3 way through. It was a great buzz to see the pile of rusty parts start to look like a car.



IMG_0805.jpg



IMG_0808.jpg



IMG_0816.jpg



IMG_0801.jpg



Dad was up visiting so we headed up the shed to have a tinker, what better way to spend my birthday! :lol:



My health has been dragging me down still unfortunately, but I refuse to give up - I will get there, wherever it is I was going! :lol:



I used some of the money from the '59 Morris sale to get a few items from overseas while our Aussie Pound is strong.



I got a set of instruments from Auto Meter:



1709_large.jpg



And I got a Lokar automatic shifter and indicator boot:



625-cinb-1780.jpg



Mine is a bit like this except the boot base is round.



rnd-boot-ind-vert-lg.jpg



Soon I will get an order off to the UK for my Moto-Lita steering wheel! Nice - can't wait.



It seems a bit strange buying bling when I haven't done much building yet but I want to buy while our Dollar is high as I think it will eventually fall again.



Cheers all,



Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Navigate direct to other pages in my Blog